As I was sitting down to write my next blog post, I pondered what to write about. Of course, like most pet owners, I turned to my cat, Toby, to ask him what I should write about (because meows are always the answer that makes the most sense). He winked at me, meowed, and went right back to sleep. So of course, I couldn’t help but smile at his cuteness and decided a whole post about Toby was appropriate!
Throughout my life, I have always had a cat in my life. So when I moved out from my parents’ house last November 2016, I realized that I missed having a pet around! Chase felt the same so we both decided we should adopt! However, we hadn’t made any plans on when or where to adopt a cat so I started researching. Chase wanted an older cat that was at least a year old so it could be trained already. But, I wanted a kitten so they were little and playful. I decided to compromise and was able to find both! I found Toby through Wags and Whiskers and knew right away he was perfect! He was already neutered, potty trained, had his shots, and was chipped at 4-5 months old! Toby’s original name was Mister Fuzz Bottoms III (so sophisticated!). But Chase and I thought it was a bit long to write and say, so we decided that Toby was more fitting!
Two days after Christmas I visited Toby’s foster home and fell in love. He was very shy at first, but after some alone time playing, he was purring and laying in my lap! After scheduled a home visit for two days later (to make sure I’m not a hoarder), I signed the adoption papers and it became official! On December 30th, my mom, sister, and I went to pick up Toby!!
Toby was TERRIFIED on his first day in his forever home! He hid behind the couch for THE ENTIRE DAY. Any time I got him out, he ran right back! It was so sad to see. This was not good for me because Chase had NO IDEA I adopted Toby! I had planned to surprise him, but when Chase got home from work, Toby was still hiding. All I could say was, “I have a surprise for you, but I can’t get him from under the bed.” Chase said, “HIM?” and I pointed under the bed, where he ran to hide after I had just gotten him from behind the couch. Long story short, Chase ADORES Toby and he is the best furr baby!!
Toby isn’t shy anymore and loovvesss to cuddle!! We have cuddle parties EVERY DAY.
– Toby loves the toys with feathers or strings that hang from a stick that you hold. He broke the first one we bought him because he used it so much!
– Toby is VERY vocal. I think he meows just to hear himself…
– Toby has green eyes and the cutest pink nose and pink paws!
– Toby is the first cat I’ve met who LOVES belly rubs! BUT he has be in a cuddly mood, or he can’t stay still when he’s in play mode.
– Toby loves looking outside, and I’ve thought about getting him a harness to take him on a kitty walk when it warms up.
– Toby is the WORST beggar when Chase and I are eating! He always has to sniff it out and wants to try it for himself.
– Toby loves waking me up at 5 am to lay on my neck and purr RIGHT IN MY FACE. Although it’s beyond annoying, it’s also so cute that I just let him do it.
– Toby gets so worried when I am in the shower and meows a lot. He must think I’m melting or something!
– Toby knocks down my vase of flowers on a daily, and even though he broke a huge chunk out of it today, I still love him.
Toby – January 18th, 2017
P.S. Toby’s foster home has lots of adorable new 3-week old kitties available for adoption!! Check them out!! 🙂
Toby – June 27th, 2017