Classic Red and Black Wedding in Minneapolis


Todd and Apryl | October 9, 2021

Todd and Apryl got married at Hosana Church in Lakeville and celebrated afterwards at Hilton Double Tree in Minneapolis. Their wedding was so sweet and such a beautiful day! I LOVED their classic color scheme and how they used simple red roses throughout the ceremony and reception. The simplicity of the decor really gave everyone more room to take in the beauty of Todd and Apryl’s love story and their special day. Everyone had such a fun go-to attitude during photos. They were all hyping up Todd and Apryl all day to make them feel like 100 bucks! There wasn’t a dry eye during speeches, but one of my favorite parts of the day was right before the reception when Apryl and her son shared a special first dance before anybody came in. Such a beautiful moment that I was honored to capture!

How they met:

Bride: “Todd and I actually met on Tinder in Mankato in January of 2017 when we were both attending MSU (me for law enforcement, Todd for dental hygiene). The first time we met, we stayed up all night talking about my son and he quickly became my best friend. We “officially” started dating in April of 2017 and I’m so happy to have found “the one”!”

How he proposed:

Bride: “Todd proposed on February 21, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ and the story is kind of funny. We had planned a trip to Phoenix right before I got my last (5th) surgery on my carotid artery. We wanted some fun before I was laid up in the hospital for a bit. We went to Phoenix and Todd didn’t bring a carry-on because I told him we didn’t need two carry-ons. So he PUT THE RING IN HIS CHECKED BAG! He was so nervous about us getting our luggage lost and I found out why after the trip. Anyway, the first night we were there was fantastic. The weather was nice, we spent some time in the hot tub, and we got all dressed up to go to this very authentic Italian restaurant. In our Uber to the restaurant, we discussed how nice the weather was and that we wanted to go for a walk around the resort when we got back to the hotel. We had a nice dinner and then went to WalMart to get some Claws (very sketchy experience) before heading back to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, I told Todd I was pretty cold (I was in a sundress) and that I wanted to change into sweatpants for our walk. Now everyone who knows me knows I wear sweats 99% of the time, and the other 1% I am SUPER fancy – there’s no in between. He got kind of upset at the fact I wanted to change into sweats and kept assuring me I looked good. We went back and forth for at least 10 minutes before he finally convinced me to go out to the courtyard in my dress. On our walk out there I told him jokingly, “You better be proposing to me if you’re making me sit out here in the cold!” And………. he did. After he proposed to me, we talked about his conversation with my dad. Apparently, my dad had showed up to speak with Todd with a TYPED SHEET OF PAPER WITH QUESTIONS…. my dad was prepared!”

What they love about each other:

Bride: “I love how goofy Todd is and how much he cares for me. Our personalities just pair so well together. We have the same sense of humor and love to make each other laugh.”

Scroll for some wedding inspiration and to get a peek into Todd and Apryl’s beautiful day!

Vendor Details:

Photographer: Lindsey White Photography

Ceremony Venue: Hosanna Church

Reception Venue: Hilton Doubletree

Hair: Ziel Bridal

Makeup: Ziel Bridal

Florist: Styled Stems

DJ/Entertainment Services: Midwest Sound DJ

Videographer: Jesse Yeakle

Cake/Desserts: Amy’s Cupcake Shoppe

Catering: Hilton Doubletree

Invitations: Zazzle

Dress: Bridal Accents Coture – Justin Alexander

Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal

Groomsmen and Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse

Transportation: Rent My Party Bus

Pianist: Dawn Thibodeau

Cellist: Diane Loudon

If you liked this post, you may also like:

leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thank you!

Want to take advantage of my lowest prices of the year? Book a winter mini session! There are limited spots available and they will go quickly! Click the link below for more details and to book your spot! 

2024 mini sessions are open!

Hey there!